Life's short but regret is not. Do what makes you happy before it's all over!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

What's Your Contribution?

I spent this past week on vacation in Vegas with my wonderful husband. We were celebrating my entrance into my third decade and had the best time! For years I've wanted to see a Cirque du Soleil show and The Lion King theatre production. On Tuesday we saw Mystere and Thursday was The Lion King.

If you've never had the opportunity to see one of the many Cirque du Soleil shows, please do yourself a favor and find the closest one to you. It was one of the greatest collections of talent and perfection that I've ever seen! While I was sitting in the audience watching people fly through the air and balance on poles and other people's hands I realized that each and every one of these people we utilizing their talents to the fullest. They were all artists and none of them made mistakes within their art. They were each getting paid to perform amazing acts with their bodies that 95% of the rest of the population couldn't do even if they wanted to.

How amazing would this world be if everyone found what it was that they were good at and actually did it? I used to love to dance but I stopped as a child. I could have been a cast member in a play like The Lion King but I ended up looking at a cubicle wall for 8 hours a day instead. I know I'm not the only person who's life took this same path. Everyone wanted to be something and do something when they were younger but not everyone followed those dreams. Somewhere between wanting to grow up and be a fireman and fighting rush hour traffic on the way to a job you hate we veered off the path of who we are.

I wanted to be an architect when I was a little girl. Although I couldn't see myself doing that now, I can identify that I wanted to create things. Create things and make things around me better.

What's your contribution to this world? Are you suppressing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment