Life's short but regret is not. Do what makes you happy before it's all over!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Failures

Through one of the people that I am following on Twitter, Sid Savara, I found Motivational Quotes that he has compiled into THE LITTLE BOOK OF BIG MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES. In it I found 14 pages of amazing quotes by people who have achieved some form of success in their lives. I found one that inspired me to write about it and it is: "I would rather attempt something great and fail than to do nothing and succeed" Bob Bales. That is exactly what I'm talking about! I have read story after story about people who failed time and time again but continued on the path towards their success story. And you know what the difference between a successful person and the rest of the world is? The successful person never quit!! They didn't let what seemed like a failure dictate their future. Instead, they used the 'failure' as a stepping stone, learning tool and motivation to get to where they wanted to be. Where would basketball be if Michael Jordan had quit after being cut from his high school basketball team? The amount of athletes that he has inspired and made better because of his success is infinite. When you quit on your dreams after hitting some adversity, you are depriving the world of your own personal brand of genius! We all have it inside of us and our jobs are to identify it, embrace it and run full speed towards it! I've finally identified mine... I'm supposed to tell stories and inspire imagination! I've embraced my personal genius and I can't get it out fast enough!! So I say proudly that I have failed and I am appreciative of what I took away from those experiences. And through this blog you can witness my journey first hand!

Please stay with me throughout this journey and watch my successes and failures towards my goal of becoming a published author. Thank you!!!

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed" Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment